Sunday 9 January 2011

Edmund Spenser 'One Day I Wrote Her Name Upon the Strand'

Edmund Spenser 'One Day I Wrote Her Name Upon the Strand' Video Clips. Duration : 1.18 Mins.


rnaudioproductions for www.ipodity.com www.allcast.co.uk One Day I Wrote Her Name Upon the Strand' by Edmund Spenser (1552--1599) read by David Shaw Parker ONE day I wrote her name upon the strand, But came the waves and washèd it away: Again I wrote it with a second hand, But came the tide and made my pains his prey. Vain man (said she) that dost in vain assay A mortal thing so to immortalise; For I myself shall like to this decay, And eke my name be wipèd out likewise. Not so (quod I); let baser things devise To die in dust, but you shall live by fame; My verse your virtues rare shall eternise, And in the heavens write your glorious name: Where, when as Death shall all the world subdue, Our love shall live, and later life renew. Audio created by Robert Nichol AudioProductions London all rights reservedrnaudioproductions for www.ipodity.com www.allcast.co.uk rnaudioproductions ipodity.com allcast.co.uk mp3 ipod download audio book audiobooks

Tags: edmundspenser, rnaudioproductions, literature, Audiobook, Recorded, Books, BBC, Naxos, Audio, book, cu000, clipper, ipodity.com, allcast.co.uk, mp3, ipod, download, audiobooks

No comments:

Post a Comment