Saturday 22 January 2011

A Gathering of Modern Sonnets for the Soul

Sonnet of One Valiant Healing Day

How great the joy to serve the king.

How To Write A Sonnet

To pray. To seek. To read. To dance in the rain.

A Gathering of Modern Sonnets for the Soul

To understand on earth the things heav´n contains.

To sit and wait in faith for God´s blessings.

To know that one day there will come healing

From all the issues that bring me to complain.

Fo see disappear from sight every stain

Entangling me from the attaining.

I sigh with exultation to be alone here.

This rain is cleansing and good medicine.

To pray so long and fast and be far from sin.

To feed my soul. To know God is near.

To rest my case upon His feet and wait.

He is not early. He is never late.

Sonnet of the Narrow Road

White cloud on the mountain ridge near

Where is sit in coat and hat writing

With cats at foot sleeping and play-fighting.

On the other side the sky blends with sea.

Snow caps Veleta and every peak

Like powder. The storm kept it from our sight.

Contrast of sharp blue sky is a delight

To all who should behold its majesty.

Soon the sun will vanish and cold will come

So I will not delay to find some place warm.

If I remain outside I will see my breath.

It is by grace that I stay on this path.

The way is windy so I must concentrate.

The way is less travelled. Narrow is the gate.

Passing Time Sonnet

I took a long walk and kept looking

At the things good in my life. waterfalls,

Cuddly cats with striking eyes, yuccas,

Sun from beneath cloud appearing,

In distant places even the snow falling,

On rainy days reading and playing guitar,

Pleasant food awakening taste buds

And new revelations from God discerning.

There will always grow weeds that need removing.

Muscle and elbow keep the land clear.

And fire removes the impurities.

Higher and higher I keep ascending.

Can seasons still flow while time ceases to pass?

Or is time passing while I stand still?

Armor and Clay Sonnet

In the midst of suffering I remember words

of Jesus before he took the cross.

"I do not ask you to take them out of the world"

I cling to them now as I feel lost

And bound and burnt and spent, torn and tossed.

Chewed up. spit out. forgotten and misused.

Uncelebrated. my mind with exhaust.

As I battle the reason for abuse.

"Make them one as I am with you."

So I am wounded but not beaten.

Yet I know as I walk the challenge not through.

Still Jesus´ words are embedded and greeted.

My armor so stays on. I fast. I pray.

He is the potter. I am the clay.

A Gathering of Modern Sonnets for the Soul A Dozen Roses Sonnet Video Clips. Duration : 1.97 Mins.


Hey srry it took so look to mak a new video but yeah i did this was a project i did for english using imovie it was so much fun using it I know its passed valentines day but this was made before that sunday lol Songs: OWL CITY- IF MY HEART WAS A HOUSE, HOT AIR BALLOON i dont own rights to these songs but i did write the sonnet

Keywords: owl city, hot air balloon, if my heart was a house, sonnets, a dozen roses, poems, love, valentine's day, songs, i love you, rick roll, music.

No comments:

Post a Comment